Saturday, September 22, 2012

HAPPY 100TH CHUCK JONES!

I am a day late, it was yesterday Sept 21st.
Jones died in 2002 but his work will live on forever.
I have always loved cartoons, even up now in my 39th year it is not uncommon for me to get up early, make some cereal and throw on a dvd of looney tunes. I would love to turn on the TV for that, but saturday mornings are not what they use to be 30 odd years ago.
A lot of the cartoons I grew up with were produced by Chuck Jones, I would recognize the name in the credits.
My parents also loved these cartoons, they also grew up with them and they kept my brother and I glued to the set and out of trouble.
Sad that he is gone, but it is safe to say his work is still very appreciated.
 As a child I loved road runner...
As a child my dad would imitate Foghorn Leghorn perfectly
In my teenage years I loved Marvin the Martian and a lot of the less popular characters.
Later on in life I have taken a great appreciation for Daffy Duck. He is the king of looney Tunes, I always pulled for Bugs as a child but that has all changed. Daffy in my opinion wins because now he generates the most laughter from me.
Unlike Disney characters, I never felt like I had out grown these guys, thank you Chuck for all the fun you provided and kept the child inside of me and many others alive!


Duck Amuck is a surreal animated cartoon directed by Chuck Jones and produced by Warner Bros. Cartoons. The short was released in early 1953 by The Vitaphone Corporation, the short subject division of Warner Bros. Pictures, as part of the Merrie Melodies series. It stars Daffy Duck, who is tormented by a seemingly sadistic, initially unseen animator, who constantly changes Daffy's locations, clothing, voice, physical appearance and even shape. Pandemonium reigns throughout the cartoon as Daffy attempts to steer the action back to some kind of normality, only for the animator to either ignore him or, more frequently, to over-literally interpret his increasingly frantic demands.
In 1994, it was voted #2 of The 50 Greatest Cartoons of all time by members of the animation field, losing only to What's Opera, Doc?. Historians and fans consider Duck Amuck to be Daffy Duck's magnum opus, and What's Opera, Doc? to be Bugs', so the positions at #2 and #1 are appropriate. The short was included on Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 1.

[Looney Tunes] Duck Amuck (1953) from Arnaud TISSEYRE on Vimeo.
R.M.R.P. The REALvolution... Like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/REAL.MEN.REAL.PROBLEMS

No comments:

Post a Comment