Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cheaters, biters, love to forge...

Nothing I hate worse when someone takes a design of another artist and claims it as their own.
I came across a design on this guy facebook wall about a year ago that was a total rip off of the a clothing line from L.A. called DISSIZIT. This guy and I were pals in public school and he is a big HIP HOP DJ in Toronto now, he did not design it, he had someone design it for him not knowing of this obvious bite. I was only looking out for my friend, who is to say DISSIZIT comes after him, because he was going to use it for promotion use I believe. I actually found the guy who put it togther and he claimed that they stole it off him.


REALLY...

I am not boasting but I am connected... and I talk to a lot of people. It took me no more then hour to get in contact with SLICK (the owner) of DISSIZIT. I sent him the pics, and the guys facebook page. All if it was down with before the afternoon.

Anyone who knows me and my musical taste, I am a big HOUSE OF PAIN fan, ever since 92. Social media sites are good to keep up to date with what your favorite artists are up and I follow these guys. I keep up to date on concerts, new videos, and side projects. Dannyboy has a very popular clothing line called "HELLFIRE CANYON CLUB", very interesting and stuff I like to wear.
Not knocking him or his line, but I do not think he is making enough money off this to live comfortably yet. Still it is making moves and the clothing is all uphill, I see guys like Apathy rocking them in his videos and even OBEYS Shepherd Farley has been photographed sporting a HELLFIRE Tee.
I am not a fan of Ed Hardy, Tapout, Extreme Couture and Affliction... not saying who wears them are all douche bags, but those brands are primarily worn by douche bags. Not to mention they are EXTREMELY TACKY...
A few weeks back Dannyboy posted a picture of a total rip off of his shirt, the guilty party was AFFLICTION. You guys are making shit loads of cash, the UFC is so popular and shit loads of these fans are buying one of the brands I mentioned above. Yet you feel the need to steal a design off someone else's design  and essentially take money out of his pocket.
I made this and posted it...
What kinda dirt is that...

I met this guy named Michael Cestra who runs his own line B-TOWN AKA GUERILLA, he does it all and is a very hard worker. I had the chance to listen to him speak about the in's and out's of this business. It was a eye opener to say the least.
He sent me this not to long ago... I need to share.
Well here's the story.  I set out this year to push my brand, and get into the eye's of the mass.  Keep in mind I'm a one-man-show, designing, creating, printing, and just doing everything that would involve a team of people in the game (streetwear).  I've sent packages out to who I think could give me a little boost/attention on the internet.  One pack was sent to L.A. to a streetwear giant a couple weeks ago.  I have a list of clothing lines/sites I run through on the net, just to see what the others are doing out there.  And I found this yesterday, see attached link, THE HUNDREDS.  I found a quote similar to mine, mine is "Hurting The Best, Poising The Rest", theirs "You've Had The Rest, Now Try The Best",... it could be coincidence.  I believe some artist/creators are on the same wave length, it's just a little weird.  I'll just leave it up to the mass on the decision who got it out first.  My design was printed up in January, them,.. they just released their summer line.




Then we got this...

Not the design but the slogan sounds like someone got some ideas from Mikes slogan.




Congrats Mike, B-TOWN up in weSEWsick...


Check mikes stuff HERE B-TOWN!






R.M.R.P. The REALvolution...

No comments:

Post a Comment